• Devendra was born on 10th June 1981 in Churu, Rajasthan. His father is a farmer and his mother is a homemaker. • Unfortunately, he met with an accident at an early age of eight.
• He was climbing a tree and accidentally came in contact with a live cable of 11,000 volts. • Villagers came to the site and they declared him dead. He was immediately transferred to hospital but by the time his left arm was burnt.
• Devendra still wanted to go for his passion and to pursue a career as an athlete. • He used to win a lot of prizes during his school time, he also went for training to enhance his stamina in the sports world.
• In the Sports category, there is an F46 classification for the athletes who have a disability or have some amputation. • Devendra competes in javelin throw under F46 classification.
• Devendra’s international career started with FESPIC games in Korea in the year 2002. He won a gold medal at this. • Next, he participated in Paralympics in Athens, Greece and he created history by making a record of 62.15 meters throw.
• Again he won another gold in the row at IPC World Championship in Lyon, France in 2013. • In 2015, he participated in IPC World Championship held at Qatar and won a silver medal.
• His achievement list is really long and he still a long way to go. In 2014, he won another silver medal in Asian Para Games in Incheon, Korea. • Devendra wanted to take part in Paralympics but unfortunately, his F46 category was not included in 2008 and 2012.
• He was disappointed and needed a strong motivation to keep trying and not giving up. At this difficult time, his wife stood up there for him and always supported him. • Finally, in 2016 he participated in Rio Paralympics and gave his best performance in the tournament.
• He broke his own record by making another world record with a throw of 63.97 meters. • Devendra is an inspiration and proof for others that hard work always pays off. No matter what it takes to achieve success but the road will definitely lead you there.
Inspiring story of a paralympian who won two gold in paralympics!
• Devendra was born on 10th June 1981 in Churu, Rajasthan. His father is a farmer and his mother is a homemaker. • Unfortunately,...