1. I Have Decided to Follow Jesus C I have decided to follow Jesus, F FC I have decided to follow Jesus, C G Am I have decided to follow Jesus, C G C No turning back, no turning back. C The world behind me, the cross before me; F F C The world behind me, the cross before me; C G Am The world behind me, the cross before me; C G C No turning back, no turning back. C Though none go with me, still I will follow; F F C Though none go with me, still I will follow; C G Am Though none go with me, still I will follow; C G C No turning back, no turning back.
Em Bm Em Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord (echo) Em Bm Em Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord (echo) C D Em And He shall lift you up, Em Dm Higher and higher, C D Em And He shall lift you up. (repeat) Up into Heaven And He shall lift you up.
D A He is able, He is able; D G I know He is able, D A D I know my Lord is able to carry me through. (repeat 3 lines once more) G He heals the broken-hearted D And He sets the captive free, E He makes the lame to walk again A And He caused the blind to see. D A He is able, He is able; D G I know He is able, D A D (G D) I know my Lord is able to carry me through.
C G C Dm C G C Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me. C G C Dm C G C Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me. F C D G G7 Melt me, Mold me, Fill me, Use me. C G C Dm C G C Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me.
D A I just keep trusting my Lord, as I walk along, A I just keep trusting my Lord, D And He gives a song. D Though the storm clouds darken the sky, G - Em O'er the heav'nly trail, A I just keep trusting my Lord, D He will never fail. A D He's a faithful friend, such a faithful friend A D I can count on Him, to the very end. D Though the storm clouds darken the sky, G - Em O'er the heav'nly trail, A I just keep trusting my Lord, D He will never fail.
D In God's green pastures feeding, A By His cool waters lie, A D Soft in the evening walk my Lord and I. D All the sheep of His pastures Em G fare so wondrously fine, D A D His sheep am I. G Waters cool (in the valley) D Pastures green (on the mountain) A7 In the eve (in the evening) D D7 Walk my Lord and I. G Dark the night (in the valley) D Rough the way (on the mountain) A7 Step by step (step by step) D My Lord and I.
C F C F Jesus is with me wherever I go, C G C Jesus is with me I know. C F C F Over the mountain, the land and the sea, C G C – G7 Jesus I know is with me. F C As oft through the valley of sorrow I go, D G G7 His hand is upon me I know, I know. C F C F Jesus is with me wherever I go, C F G7 C Jesus is with me I know.
A D A robe of white, a crown of gold, E A A harp, a home, a mansion fair, A D A victor's crown and joys untold, E A Are mine when I get there. A For Jesus is my Savior, D And He washed my sins away, E A He paid my debt on Calvary's mountain, A I'm happy in His wondrous Love, D I'm singing all the day, E E-A I'm drinking, yes, I'm drinking at the fountain.
G D C G - D When the road is rough and steep, D G-D Fix your eyes upon Jesus. G D C G - D He alone has power to keep, D G Fix your eyes upon Him. C Bm Em Jesus is a gracious friend, C D One on whom you can depend, G D C G - D He is faithful to the end, D G (C-G) Fix your eyes upon Him.
Bm F#m Bm F#m Sing hallelujah to the Lord, (echo) Bm F#m F#M Sing hallelujah to the Lord, (echo) Bm F#m G D Sing hallelujah, sing hallelujah, Bm F#m Bm Sing hallelujah to the Lord. (Jesus is King and Lord of all…) (He's coming back to take us home…)
C Am C I can do all things through Christ which F G C Strengtheneth me. C Am C I can do all things through Christ which F G Strengtheneth me. G C Day by day, hour by hour, B G I am kept by His power. C F I can do all things through C G Christ which Strengtheneth, C G Christ which Strengtheneth, C G CGC Christ which Strengtheneth me.
C He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, G The wealth in every mine, F He owns the rivers and the rocks and rills, C The sun and stars that shine. C F Wonderful riches more than tongue can tell, Dm G Dm C F He is my Father so they're mine as well. C He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, F G C I know that He will care for me.
G C Make my life to be like a melody, G D G Ever sounding out the message of the cross. G C Make my life to be like a melody, G D G Ever shining out in days of gain or loss. C G With Jesus in my heart no discord can arise; A D - C-D7 He can make the saddest heart to harmonize. G C Savior, let me be like a melody G D G-C-G Ever sounding out the message of the cross.
15. Isn’t He Wonderful S. Jones, Mrs. J.B. Sessions, (first stanza is public domain 1948 Singspiration Music. CCLI #32761)
G C Isn't He wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, D G Isn't Jesus my Lord wonderful? G Eyes have seen, ears have heard, C It's recorded in God's Word, D G Isn't Jesus my Lord wonderful? G D Wonderful, wonderful, Jesus is to me, D G Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God is He. G C Saving me, keeping me, from all sin and shame, C D G Wonderful is my Redeemer, praise His name. C G Precious name, oh how sweet, G D Hope of earth and joy of heaven. G C Precious name, oh so sweet, G D Hope of earth and joy of... G Heaven is a wonderful place, G D Filled with glory and grace, G G7 C Am I want to see my Savior's face. G D G D Heaven is a wonderful, Heaven is a marvelous, G D G Heaven is a wonderful place.
Dm Gm I will celebrate, Sing unto the Lord A7 Dm Gm A7 I will sing to Him a new song. (2x) Dm Gm I will praise Him, A7 Dm Gm A7 For He has triumphed victoriously. (2x)
17. Nothing is Impossible C G Am Nothing is impossible when you put your Dm Trust in God. G Dm Dm Nothing is impossible when you're trusting G In His Word. C F Hearken to the voice of God. B G Is there anything too hard for Thee? C G Am So put your trust in God alone and rest F Upon His Word. C C+ F For everything, oh everything, yes everything G C Is possible with God!
D D7 G Em His name is wonderful; His name is wonderful; A D D A D A His name is wonderful, Jesus my Lord. D D7 G Em He is the mighty King, Master of everything; A D G D A D His name is wonderful, Jesus my Lord. A D He's the Great Shepherd, the Rock of all Ages; E A - A7 Almighty God is He. D D7 G Em Bow down before Him, Love and adore Him; A D G D A D His name is wonderful, Jesus my Lord.
D A D Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet G A D And a light unto my path. (2x) Em G Bm F#m When I feel afraid, think I've lost my way, G A G D Still you're there right beside me. Em G And nothing will I fear Bm F#m As long as You are near, G A Bm - A Please be near me to the end. Chorus: Em G Bm F#m I will not forget Your love for me, and yet G A G D My heart forever is wandering. Em G Bm F#m Jesus, be my guide and hold me to Your side, G A Bm Bm - A And I will love You to the end. Chorus:
21. Always D The Lord is my Shepherd, A D I'll walk with Him always. D He leads me by still waters, A D I'll walk with Him always. D Always, Always, A D I'll walk with Him always. D Always, Always, A D I'll walk with Him always.
G C D Did you ever talk to God above? G Em Tell Him that you need a friend to love. C D Pray in Jesus' name believing that G - G7 God answers prayer. C D Have you told Him all your cares and woes? G Em Ev'ry tiny little fear He knows. C You can know He'll always hear and D G (C-G) He will answer prayer. C D You can whisper in a crowd to Him. G Em You can cry when you're alone to Him. C D You don't have to pray out loud to Him. G - G7 He knows your thoughts. C D On a lofty mountain peak, He's there. G Em In a meadow by a stream, He's there. C Anywhere on earth you go, D G (C-G) He's been there from the start.
23. I’m So Happy in Jesus C Am F G C G I'm so happy in Jesus ev'ry day, C Am F G F G C I'm so happy in Jesus all the way. F Jesus is willing to guide me, C Daily He's walking beside me, Am Faithful, whatever betide me, G Blue sky, gray sky, He's nigh, that's why: C Am F G C G I'm so happy in Jesus ev'ry day, C Am F G F G C I'm so happy in Jesus all the way!
D Unto Thee O Lord, (Repeat as echo) A Do I lift up my soul; (echo) A Unto Thee O Lord, (echo) D Do I lift up my soul. (echo) D - D7 Chorus: Oh my God, (echo) G - Em I trust in Thee, (echo) D Let me not be ashamed, Bm Em A D Let not my enemies triumph over me. D Show me Thy ways, (echo) A Thy ways, O Lord. (echo) A Teach me Thy paths, (echo) D Thy paths, O Lord. (echo) Chorus: D All the ways of the Lord, (echo) A Are loving kindness and truth. (echo) A All the ways of the Lord, (echo) D Are loving kindness and truth, (echo) Chorus:
G C D - G In the stars His handiwork I see, G C D - G On the wind He speaks with majesty, G Em C - D Though He ruleth over land and sea, D What is that to me?
G C D - G I will celebrate Nativity, G C D - G For it has a place in history G Em C - D Sure, He came to set His people free, D What is that to me? C - Bm Till by faith I met Him face to face, Bm -C And I felt the wonder of His grace, C Then I knew that He was more than just a Am God who didn't care, C D That lived away out there, G C D And now He walks beside me day by day, G C D Ever watching o'er me lest I stray, G Em C Helping me to find that narrow way, Am7 D G He's everything to me.
D A Love was when God became a man, A Locked in time and space, D without rank or place, D A Love was God, born of Jewish kin, A D - D7 Just a carpenter, with some fishermen. G D Love was when Jesus walked in history, Em Bm -A Lovingly He brought a new life that's free. D A Love was God, nailed to bleed and die, A G A D To reach down and love one such as I. D A Love was when God became a man, A Down where I could see, D love that reached to me, D A Love was God, dying for my sin, A D - D7 And so trapped was I, my whole world caved in. G D Love was when Jesus rose to walk with me, Em Bm -A Lovingly He brought a new life that's free. D A Love was God, only He would try, A G A D To reach out and love one such as I.
D Bm7 G A You said you'd come and share all my sorrows, D Bm7 G A You said you'd be there for all my tomorrows, D Bm7 G A I came so close to sending you away, D Bm7 But just like you promised, G A You came there to stay, I just had to pray. D7 G Chorus: And Jesus Said, "Come to the water, D A Stand by my side, I know you are thirsty, A D - D7 G You won't be denied. I felt every teardrop, D A When in darkness you cried, and I strove to remind you, D That for those tears I died." D Bm7 G A Your goodness so great, I can't understand, D Bm7 G A And dear Lord I know, That all this was planned, D Bm7 G A I know You're here now and always will be, D Bm7 G A Your love loosed my chains, And in you I'm free... D But Jesus, Why me? Chorus: D Bm7 G A Jesus, I give you my heart and my soul, D Bm7 G A I know now without God I'd never be whole, D Bm7 G A Saviour, you opened all the right doors, D Bm7 And I thank you and praise you G A D From earth's humble shores...Take me, I'm Yours. Chorus:
30. God is So Good public domain CCLI #23543
D A God is so Good. A D God is so Good. D G God is so Good. Em D A D He's so good to me. He answers prayer. . . He loves me so. . .
31. Do Lord V. D. Foster, public domain. CCLI # 37450
G I've got a home in Glory land that Outshines the sun. C I've got a home in Glory land that Outshines the sun. G Em I've got a home in Glory land that Outshines the sun. G D G Look away beyond the blue. Chorus: G Do Lord O Do Lord O do remember me C Do Lord O Do Lord O do remember me G Em Do Lord O Do Lord O do remember me G D G Look away beyond the blue. G I took Jesus as my Saviour, you take Him too. C I took Jesus as my Saviour, you take Him too. G Em I took Jesus as my Saviour, you take Him too. G D G While He's calling you. (Chorus) G If you can't bear the cross then you can't wear the crown. C If you can't bear the cross then you can't wear the crown. G Em If you can't bear the cross then you can't wear the crown. G D G Look away beyond the blue. (Chorus)
32. Give Me Oil in My Lamp A. Sevison, public domain. CCLI #50516
D Give me oil in my lamp, G Keep me burnin', burnin', burnin, D A Give me oil in my lamp I pray; D Give me oil in my lamp, G Em Keep me burnin', burnin', burnin', D A D Keep me burnin' to the break of day. D G Sing Hosanna, Sing Hosanna, A D GD Sing Hosanna to the King of Kings, D G Sing Hosanna, Sing Hosanna, A D Sing Hosanna to the King.
D This is the day, this is the day A That the Lord hath made, That the Lord hath made, A We will rejoice, we will rejoice D And be glad in it, and be glad in it. G D This is the day that the Lord hath made, G D A We will rejoice and be glad in it. G This is the day, this is the day A D (G-D) That the Lord hath made.
D Happiness is to know the Savior, A Living a life within His favor, D D+ G Having a change in my behavior, D A D Happiness is the Lord. D Happiness is a new creation, A Jesus and me in close relation, D D+ G Having a part in His salvation, D A D Happiness is the Lord. G A G A D Real joy is mine, no matter if teardrops start Bm E A I've found the secret, it's Jesus in my heart. D Happiness is to be forgiven, A Living a life that's worth the livin' A D G Taking a trip that leads to heaven, D A D Happiness is the Lord.
D O what a wonderful, wonderful day, A Day I will never forget; A After I'd wandered in darkness away, D Jesus my Saviour I met. D O what a tender compassionate friend, D7 G He met the need of my heart; G D Shadows dispelling, with joy I am telling, A D He made all the darkness depart! Chorus: D Bm G A7 D-G-D Heaven came down and glory filled my soul. D Bm G A7 D-G-D When at the cross the Saviour made me whole, Em G My sins were washed away, D Bm G-A And my night was turned to day, D Bm G A D Heaven came down and glory filled my soul!
G My Life is in You, Lord Em My Strength is in You, Lord C My Hope is in you, Lord G D In You, it's in You. C D G I will praise You with all of my heart, C D G I will praise You with all of my strength, D G E Am With all of my life and all of my strength, C Am D All of my hope is in You. G D In You, it's in You. G D C - Am - G In You, it's in You, it's in You.
C G F G It only takes a spark to get a fire going, C G F G And soon all those around can warm up to its glowing. F C That's how it is with God's love: F C Am Once you've experienced it, F C F C You spread His love to everyone, F G C You want to pass it on. C G What a wondrous time is Spring, F G When all the trees are budding, C G The birds begin to sing, F G The flowers start their blooming. F C That's how it is with God's love: F C Am Once you've experienced it, F C F C You want to sing, it's fresh like Spring, F G C You want to pass it on. C G I wish for you, my friend, F G This happiness that I have found. C G You can depend on Him, F G It matters not where you are bound. F C I'll shout it from the mountain top, F C Am I want my world to know: F C F C The Lord of Love has come to me, F G C I want to Pass It On.
G C - Am D C G Allelujah Allelujah Allelujah Allelujah G C - Am D C G Allelujah Allelujah Allelujah Allelujah G C - Am What a friend we have in Jesus D C-G All our sins and griefs to bear G C - Am What a privilege to carry D C G Everything to God in prayer. G C - Am Jesus loves me, this I know, D C-G For the Bible tells me so, G C - Am Little ones to Him belong, D C-G They are weak but He is strong.
41. David and Goliath D A There stood a giant 'bout forty foot tall, G D He was lookin down hard on me; D A He was lookin for trouble, gonna gobble me up, G D That was plain enough for me to see. He said... G A D Chorus: Na na na na na na na na na na na na G A D Na na na na na na na na na na na, G A Bm Na na na na na na na na na na na na G A D-G-D Na na na na na na na. D A Yeah I thought about runnin', But where could I go? G D Wherever I went, I take me. D A I'd be runnin' forever, every corner I'd turnG D That freak would be waitin' for me. He'd say... (Chorus) D A Well I got down on my knees, reached out for the rock, G D I rared back and let it fly; D A Caught him smack in the head, that monster fell down dead, G D Now I know that I'll never die. I say... (Chorus) D A So if you've got a monster livin' in you head, G D There is only one thing to do:
D A Reach out to God and grab His rock of Truth, G D And let Him have His way with you. Then you can say... (Chorus)
42. I Will Arise A G I will arise so early in the morning, A Em A Rise to sing my Savior's praises. A G A Rise, with joy in my heart to greet my Lord; Em A D A Who gives me life. Everlasting Life. A G A Em A I will sing. . .to the God of creation. A G A Em A I will sing. . .to the Lord of Love. D A Everlasting Life!
C G F C Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, F C G And His righteousness, C G F C And all these things shall be added unto you, F C G-C Allelu, Alleluia. C G F C Knock and the door shall be opened unto you, F C G Seek and ye shall find, C G F C Ask, and it shall be given unto you, F C G-C Allelu, Alleluia. C G F C Man shall not live by bread alone, F C G But by every word, C G F C That proceeds from the mouth of God, F C G-C Allelu, Alleluia. Repeat the first verse again.
44. Fairest Lord Jesus Anonymous German hymn, Public Domain. CCLI #27800
C Am F-G-C C Am F-G-C Fairest Lord Jesus! Ruler of all Nature. C FC FC F C G O Thou of God and man the Son! C Am G F F F-G-C Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor, C G-Dm C G C Thou, my soul's glory, joy and crown. C Am F-G-C C Am F-G-C Fair are the meadows, Fairer still the woodlands, C F C FC F C G Robed in the blooming garb of spring; C Am G F F F-G-C Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer, C G-Dm C G C Who makes the woeful heart to sing! C Am F-G-C C Am F-G-C Fair is the sunshine, Fairer still the moonlight, C F C FC F C G And all the twinkling starry host; C Am G F F F-G-C Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer, C G-Dm C G C Than all the angels heaven can boast!
45. Kum-Ba-Ya public domain CCLI #150227
C F C Kum-ba-ya, my Lord, Kum-ba-ya, C F G Kum-ba-ya, my Lord, Kum-ba-ya, C F C Kum-ba-ya, my Lord, Kum-ba-ya, F C G C O Lord, Kum-ba-ya. Someone's cryin', Lord, Kum-ba-ya, (3 times) O Lord, Kum-ba-ya. Someone's prayin', Lord, Kum-ba-ya, (3 times) O Lord, Kum-ba-ya. Someone's singin', Lord, Kum-ba-ya, (3 times) O Lord, Kum-ba-ya.
There's a sweet, sweet Spirit in this place, And I know that it's the Spirit of the Lord. There are sweet expressions on each face, And I know they feel the presence of the Lord.
Sweet Holy Spirit, Sweet Heavenly Dove, Stay right here with us, Filling us with your love. And for these blessings, We lift our hearts in praise, Without a doubt we'll know that We have been revived, When we shall leave this place.
G D G Em O for a thousand tongues to sing G D7 G D My great Redeemers' praise, G C Am The glories of my God and King, G D G The triumphs of His grace. G D G Em My gracious Master and my God G D7 G D Assist me to proclaim, G C Am To spread through all the earth, G D G The honors of Thy name. G D G Em He breaks the power of cancelled sin, G D7 G D He sets the prisoner free, G C Am His blood can make the foulest clean, G D G His blood avails for me.
A D O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder, A E A Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made, A D I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, E A Thy power throughout the universe displayed. Chorus: A D A E-A Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee, E A How great Thou art, how great Thou art! A D A E-A Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee, D E A How great Thou art, how great Thou art! A D And when I think that God, His Son not sparing A E A Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in; A D That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing, E A He bled and died to take away my sin. Chorus: A D When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation A E A And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart. A D Then I shall bow in humble adoration E A And there proclaim, my God, How Great Thou Art! Chorus:
50. Peace, Perfect Peace Text: Edward H. Bickersteth, Music: George T. Caldbeck, Public domain. CCLI #33942
G D G Peace, perfect peace, C Am G-D In this dark world of sin, C D G C G D G The blood of Jesus whispers peace within. G D G Peace, perfect peace, C Am G - D By thronging duties pressed, C D G C G DG To do the will of Jesus, this is rest. G D G Peace, perfect peace, C Am G - D with sorrows surging round, C DG C G DG On Jesus' bosom naught but calm is found. G D G Peace, perfect peace, C Am G - D With loved ones far away, C DG C G D G In Jesus' keeping we are safe, and they. G D G Peace, perfect peace, C Am G - D Our future all unknown, C D G C G D G Jesus we know, and He is on the throne.
51. His Banner Over Me B. C. Laurelton, Public domain. CCLI #28579
D Jesus is the rock of my Salvation, A His banner over me is Love. A Jesus is the rock of my Salvation, D His banner over me is Love. D D7 Jesus is the rock of my Salvation, G Em His banner over me is Love. A D His banner over me is love.
He builds His Church on a firm foundation... He takes me up to the banqueting table... He fishes me out of the lake of sin... I love Him and He loves me... He is the vine and we are the branches... We are the sheep and he is the shepherd... There's one way to Peace through the power of the cross...
Em When he rolls up his sleeves He isn't puttin' on the ritz, Am D Em Our God is an awesome God. Em There's thunder in his footsteps and lightning in His fists, Am D Em Our God is an awesome God. Am7 The Lord wasn't joking when He kicked Him out of Eden, B7 G D Em It wasn't for no reason that He shed His blood. Am7 His return is very close and so you better be believing Am D Em That our God is an awesome God. Chorus: C G Our God is an awesome God D Em He reigns from heaven above, C G With wisdom, power and love Am Bm7 Em Our God is an awesome God. Em When the sky was starless in the void of the night, Am D Em Our God is an awesome God. Em He spoke into the darkness and created the light, Am D Em Our God is an awesome God. Am7 Judgement and wrath He poured out on Sodom, B7 G D Em Mercy and grace He gave us at the cross. Am7 I hope that we have not too quickly forgotten Am D Em That our God is an awesome God.
C F C-F I will call upon the Lord, C F C-F Who is worthy to be praised, C F C F C-F So shall I be saved from my enemies. C F C The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock, F C G And let the God of my salvation be exalted. (Repeat both verses)
54. I’ve Been Redeemed public domain. CCLI #386314
D I've been redeemed (repeat) D By the blood of the Lamb. (repeat) A I've been redeemed (repeat) D - D7 By the blood of the Lamb. G I've been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, D Bm Filled with the Holy Ghost I am, G A All my sins are washed away, D I've been redeemed. D As I went out (repeat) D To the garden to pray (repeat) A As I went out (repeat) D - D7 To the garden to pray G As I went out to the garden to pray, D Bm Got so blessed I stayed all day,
G A All my sins are washed away, D I've been redeemed. D And that's not all (repeat) D There's more besides (repeat) A And that's not all (repeat) D - D7 There's more besides G And that's not all there's more besides, D Bm I've been to the river and I've been baptized, G A All my sins are washed away, D I've been redeemed. D If you want to see (repeat) D That devil run (repeat) A If you want to see (repeat) D - D7 That devil run G If you want to see that devil run, D Bm Shoot him down with the Gospel gun, G A All my sins are washed away, D I've been redeemed. D And that's not all (repeat) D There's more to tell (repeat) A And that's not all (repeat) D - D7 There's more to tell G And that's not all, there's more to tell,
D Bm I'm a child of God as well, G A All my sins are washed away, D I've been redeemed.
55. Feed My Lambs Am Dm Am Feed my Lambs, my son, feed my sheep, C D Em If you love me, do not sleep, Am G C - Am In the fields my son, work and weep, Dm Em Am Feed my lambs, my son, feed my sheep. Am Dm Am To the maiden, first he lied, C D Em "You were with Him", this she cried, Am G C - Am But the Master, he denied, Dm Em Am On the following day, Jesus died. Am Dm Am Someone questioned quietly, C D Em "Aren't you Peter of Galilee? Am G C - Am I can tell by your speech, you see." Dm Em Am Peter swore and said, "It's not me." Am Dm Am Peter heard the cock, when it crew, C D Em As he left, he wept, and he knew, Am G C - Am Everyone of us is guilty too, Dm Em Am That's why Jesus died - just for you. Repeat first verse.
D A The joy of the Lord is my strength. A D The joy of the Lord is my strength. D G Em The joy of the Lord is my strength. D A D The joy of the Lord is my strength. If you want joy you must praise for it... He giveth Living water and I thirst no more... He heals the broken hearted, and they cry no more... He fills my mouth with laughter, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,... The joy of the Lord is my strength!
D Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, Bm All ye, all ye lands, G Serve the Lord, the Lord with gladness A Come before His presence with singing. D Know ye that the Lord, He is God, Bm It is He who hath made us, G And not we ourselves, A We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. D Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, Bm And into His courts with praise, G Be thankful unto Him, A And bless, bless His name. D For the Lord, the Lord is good, Bm His mercy is everlasting, G And His truth, His truth endureth, A To all generations.
Thank you Jesus... Glory, Glory, Glory Hallelujah... Jubi, Jubi, Jubi, Jubilation... D Praise the Lord!
58. Moses’ Song (The Guide Song) C I will sing unto the Lord, F For He has triumphed gloriously, G C-G The horse and rider thrown into the sea. (repeat) C F The Lord, my God, my strength, my song, G C-G Has now become my victory. (repeat) C F The Lord is God and I will praise Him, G C G My Father's God and I will adore Him. C F The Lord is God and I will praise Him, G G C C My Father's God and I will adore Him.
Chorus: C C7 Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah (Repeat once) Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah! G I've got a reason to sing, C F C For Jesus took my sins away, G I've got a reason to sing, C F C He gave me life when life was gray, F I've got a reason to sing, C G Am I'll sing His praises every day, G I've got a reason to sing, C I've got a reason to sing. Chorus: Bah Bah... C F C Heaven's gates will open wide, G C I've got a reason to sing, C F C Gonna have a wonderful time inside, G I've got a reason to sing, Bah Bah Bah C F C In His presence I'll abide, G C I've got a reason to sing, F C F C Sing it in the morning, sing it at noon, F C F C All day long sing a happy tune, G C I've got a reason to sing. Chorus: Bah Bah...
G I've got a reason to sing, C F C For Jesus took my sins away, G I've got a reason to sing, C F C He gave me life when life was gray, F I've got a reason to sing, C G Am I'll sing His praises every day F-C F-C F-C I'll sing it on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, F-C F-C F-C F–C F-C Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Everyday, G C I've got a reason to sing. C C7 Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah (Repeat once) Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah! SING!
G C G God said He would send His Son, G D Allelu, Allelu, C Am7 D G D And Salvation would be won, Alleluia. Chorus: G C G D Allelu, Allelu, everybody sing Allelu C Am For the Lord has risen, it is true, G D G Everybody sing Allelu. G C G Christ was born in Bethlehem, G D Allelu, Allelu, C Am7 D G D So that man might live again, Alleluia. (Chorus) G C G Thirty years He walked the land, G D Allelu, Allelu, C Am7 D G D To all in need He lent His hand, Alleluia. (Chorus) G C G On the hardwood of the cross, G D Allelu, Allelu, C Am7 D G D He suffered and He died for us, Alleluia. (Chorus) G C G On the Third Day He did rise, G D Allelu, Allelu,
C Am7 D G D Now He Lives No More to Die, Alleluia. (Chorus) G C G Now we too can live anew, G D Allelu, Allelu, C Am7 D G D Live in Him need all we do, Alleluia.
61. God Sent His Son G God sent His Son to be our Saviour C G God sent His Son to be our Saviour G G-D-Em God sent His Son to be our Saviour C D He is the Way, He is the Truth, G-C-G He is the Life. Died on the cross, that we might be set free... Rose from the grave, that we might live again... He lives today, I know He always will... God sent His Son, to be our Saviour...
Em Am D Em In the heavenly armor we'll enter the land, Em Bm Em-C-D The battle belongs to the Lord. Em Am D Em No weapon that fashioned against us will stand Em Bm Em The battle belongs to the Lord. C D G-D C-D-G G D G And we sing glo-ry, hon-or, power and strength to the Lord. C D G-D C-D-G G D G And we sing glo-ry, hon-or, power and strength to the Lord. Em Am D Em When the power of darkness comes in like a flood Em Bm Em-C-D The battle belongs to the Lord. Em Am D Em He's raised up a standard, the power of His blood, Em Bm Em The battle belongs to the Lord. (Chorus) Em Am D Em When your enemy presses in hard do not fear, Em Bm Em-C-D The battle belongs to the Lord. Em Am D Em Take courage my friend, your redemption is near, Em Bm Em The battle belongs to the Lord. (Chorus)
63. Oh My Brother (The Point Song) C F Oh my brother, come to Jesus G for He cares for you. (repeat) C F G Higher, higher, higher, higher, higher, higher, higher, higher, C Lift up Jesus higher! (repeat) Oh so much higher!
F C Love Him in the mornin' G C FF When you see the sun arisin', C Love Him in the evenin' G C FF Cause He took you through the day; C And in the in between time G C FF When you feel the pressure comin', C Remember that He loves you G C And He promises to stay. G C When you think you've got to worry, G C 'cause it seems the thing to do; G Am Remember He ain't in a hurry, F C G He's always got time for you. (repeat first part)
D G Lord, Listen to your children praying, D A Lord, send your Spirit into this place; D G Lord, listen to your children praying, D Send us love, A Send us power, G-A-D Send us grace.
67. Love the Lord (The Woodsmen Song) G Em Love the Lord your God with all your heart C And all your soul and all your mind and D Love all mankind as you would love yourself. G Em C Love the Lord your God with all your heart D And all your soul and mind and all mankind. G Em Cause - we've got, Christian lives to live, C We've got, Jesus Christ to give, D We've got, nothing to hide, --G Because in Him we abide.
68. Now Let Us Sing G Now let us sing, Sing to the power of the Lord come down. G Now let us sing, D Sing to the power of the Lord come down, G Lift up your voice, C Be not afraid, G Em D G Let us sing to the power of the Lord come down!
Chorus: Am Em Am Em I am the resurrection, and the life C D C Am He who believes in me will never die. Am Em Am Em I am the resurrection, and the life C D C Am He who believes in me will live a new life. G D Em I have come to bring the Truth; G D Em I have come to bring you Life: G D G Am If you believe, then you shall live. (Chorus) G D Em In my Word all men shall come to know G D Em It is love which makes the spirit grow: G D G Am If you believe, then you shall live. (Chorus) G D Em Keep in mind the things that I have said; G D Em Remember me in the breaking of the bread: G D G Am If you believe, then you shall live. (Chorus)
Oh Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth. (repeat) Oh Lord... we praise Your Name. Oh Lord... we magnify Your Name Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Oh Lord God Almighty. (repeat whole thing) Coda: Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Oh Lord God Almighty!
A E And I heard a great voice out of - Heaven say, D E "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men. A And He shall be with them E and they shall be His people. D E And Almighty God shall dwell with them. A E And He shall wipe away the tears from their eyes, D E And there shall be no more death. A E Neither sorrow nor crying and - no more pain, D E For the former things are all passed away." A E And He that sat upon the throne said, D E "Behold, - I make all things new." A E And He said unto me - "Write these words D E For they are faithful and true." A-G D-A A-G And it is done; it is done; it is Done; D-A It is DONE! Chorus: A He is the Alpha and Omega, E The Beginning and the End, D E Son of God, King of kings, Lord of lords, He's everything! A E Messiah, Jehovah, Prince of Peace is He, D Son of Man, Seed of Abraham,
E Second Person in the Trinity! (repeat Chorus once) A-G D-A A-G And it is done; it is done; it is Done; D-A It is DONE!
72. The Countdown Song 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 BLAST OFF! D Somewhere in outer space G A God has prepared a place D A For those who trust Him and obey. D Jesus is coming soon G A And though we don't know when D Bm A D The countdown's getting lower every day. D D7 G D 10 and 9 - 8 and 7 - 6 and 5 and 4 D A Call upon the Saviour as you may D D7 3 and 2 coming through G D The clouds in bright array D Bm A D The countdown's getting lower every day.
73. Doesn’t That Bible Say Chorus: Doesn't that Bible say - we shall overcome. Doesn't that Bible say - we shall overcome. Doesn't that Bible say - we shall overcome... By the blood of the Lamb; By the pow'r of the Lord; By the Spirit of God. Yes, we shall overcome. Yes we shall overcome. Yes, we shall overcome. Hebrew children in the fiery furnace Daniel in the lions' den; What did they do when things got tough? They put their trust in Him! Oh... Chorus: Jonah was down in the belly of the whale Elijah was challenging the prophets of Baal Noah was in the ark without a sail But they knew God would never fail! Oh... Chorus:
D G D My Lord knows the way through the wilderness D Bm-A All I have to do is follow. D G D My Lord knows the way through the wilderness D A7-D All I have to do is follow. A D Strength for today is mine alway G D Bm-A And all that I need for tomorrow. D G D My Lord knows the way through the wilderness D A7-D All I have to do is follow.
75. Gathered Round Gathered round the blazing campfire light, We are met in fellowship tonight. Sons of Deerfoot strong and true, We would pledge ourselves anew. And as we part to go our separate ways, May the memory of these happy days, Keep us faithful unto Him Till we meet again.
76. Down by the Old Mill Stream Down by the old mill stream Where I first met you With your eyes so blue Dressed in gingham too It was there I knew That you loved me too You were sixteen My village queen Down by the old mill stream.
77. Aunt Jemimah Aunt Jemimah, Look at your Uncle Jim. He's in the duck pond learning how to swim. First he does the breast stroke, Then he does the side stroke, Now he's underwater, Swimming against the tide.
78. Bill Grogan’s Goat Bill Grogan's Goat was feelin' fine, Ate 3 red shirts from off the line. Bill took a stick, gave him a whack, And tied him to the railroad track. The whistle blew, the train drew nigh, Bill Grogan's Goat was doomed to die. He gave 3 groans of awful pain, Coughed up the shirt, and flagged the train.
79. The Dummy Line There was a doctor, by the name of Beck, He fell down a well and he broke his neck. The people all say and we all know, that he ought to tend the sick & leave the well alone! Chorus: On the Dummy Line, on the Dummy Line, Rain or shine I'll pay my fine (repeat) Ridin, ridin, ridin on the Dummy Line. There was a lady from Mobile, She had a face like a lemon peel. She had a wart on the end of her chin: She said it was a dimple but a dimple turns in! (Chorus) There was a girl down on the farm, She tried to milk a cow and she meant no harm. The cow kicked her right off the bench: When she tried to milk the cow with a monkey wrench! (Chorus) There was a boy whose name was Jack, He pitched his tent on the railroad track. A fast express came round the bend: What kind of flowers did you send? (Chorus) There was a boy comin home from school Saw a half dollar at the foot of a mule. Crept up quietly as a mouse: Funeral next day at the little boy's house! (Chorus) Away down South where the Dummy runs slow, A flea stepped on an elephant's toe. The elephant said with tears in his eyes: "Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" (Chorus) There was an old man by the name of Zeek bought himself a new set of teeth put them on the chair instead of the shelf and when he sat down he bit himself (Chorus) Farmer Brown had a bad scare Was chased ten miles by a grizzly bear people all thought he'd lost his mind cause he ran ten miles with a bear behind!
80. Ei Ei I Cus Ei Ei I Cus - nobody like us We are the boys from Deerfoot Lodge Always a-winnin' always a-grinnin' Always a-feelin' peppy!
81. Evil Emil Evil Emil and his garbage truck, Took the boys down the Kunjamuk. Had a crash upon the way, Poor Emil is there to stay. Poor Emil. Pow! Pow!
82. I’m a Hayseed I'm a Hayseed, My hair is seaweed, And my ears are made of leather And they flap in windy weather. Gosh oh Hemlock, I'm tough as a pine knot. For I come from Deerfoot Lodge can't you see.
83. Musicano I am the musicano I come from Joibiland. Ich Var Spielo on my Viola. Oh vio vio viola viola viola Vio vio viola vio viola Hey! Trombono: oompa oompa oompa pah Guitarro: drring ding ding ding ding ding ding Piano: plink plink plink... Flouto: tweet tweet tweet... Drumo: Tata Ta ta Ta ta ta Conductor Virtuoso: (conducting movements)
84. The Watermelon Song Oh you can have your apples, your peaches, and your plums. Your 'simmons growin' on your 'simmon tree, But from the land of goodness, ain't nothin' better comes, Than watermelon, that's the fruit for me! Hambone am good (slurp), Chicken am sweet (smack), Possum meat am very, very fine (yes indeed!) But gimme, oh gimme, I really wish you would That watermelon hangin' on the vine.
85. The Smoke Goes up the Chimney Just the Same You push the damper in and then pull the damper out, And the smoke goes up the chimney just the same. Just the same, just the same, And the smoke goes up the chimney just the same.
86. Do Your Ears Hang Low? Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow? Can you throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldier? Do your ears hang low?
87. In a Cabin in the Woods In a cabin, in the woods, little man by the window stood, Saw a rabbit hopping by, knocking at my door. Help me, help me, help me, he cried! Before the hunter shoots you dead, little rabbit come inside, safely to abide.
88. Wreck of the Old ‘97 He received his orders at Montauk, Virginia Said the Chief, "We're way behind time, For this is not the 48, but the Old 97, So get her to Center on time. On time, on time, So get her to Center on time, For this is not the 48, but the Old 97, So get her into Center on time." Then he turned and he said to his black-faced fireman "Shovel on a little more coal! And when we reach that high old mountain You will see 97 roll! You'll see her roll, you'll see her roll, You will see 97 roll, And when we reach that high old mountain You will see 97 roll!" Now we're coming around the bend doing 90 mile an hour, When the whistle broke into a scream, He was found in the wreck with his hand on the throttle, He was scalded to death by the steam. By the steam, by the steam, He was scalded to death by the steam, He was found in the wreck with his hand on the throttle, He was scalded to death by the steam.
89. Land of the Silver Birch Land of the silver birch, home of the Beaver Where still the mighty moose wanders at will Blue lake and rocky shore I will return once more Chorus:
High on a rocky ledge, I'll build my wigwam Close by the water's edge, silent and still. Blue lake and rocky shore I will return once more (Chorus)
90. I Put my Hand on Myself I put my hand on myself, vass have I here? This is my hair-raiser, yes Molly dear, Hair-raiser, Polly-wolly-wolly-voom, That's what I learned in my school, ja wohl! Brain-buster... (CHIEF CHUCKERS…) Eye-blinker... Fog-horner... Soup-strainer... Meat-chopper... Jaw-breaker... Rubber-necker... Chest-protector... Belly-acher... Sit-downer... Knee-bender... Step-downer...
91. Jon Jonson / Jon Jacob Jingle-Heimer Schmidt My name is Jon Jonson, I live in Wisconsin, I work in the lumber-yard there, The people I meet as I walk down the street, They say "Hello", I say "Hello!" They say "What's your name?", I say... (repeat several times) John Jacob Jingle-Heimer Schmidt, That's my name too! Whenever I go out, the people always shout, John Jacob Jingle-Heimer Schmidt! DA DA DA DA DA DA DA! (repeat several times)
92. Sippin’ Cider The prettiest girl, I ever saw, Was sippin cider through a straw, I says to her, what ya doin that fer, a sippin cider through a straw. She says to me, why, don't you know, That sippin cider is on the go. Now cheek to cheek and jaw to jaw We sip that cider through a straw And now and then that straw would slip And I'd sip cider through her lips That's how I met my mother-in-law From sippin cider through a straw Now 48 kids all call me paw From sippin cider through a straw The moral is, my children dear Don't sip cider, sip root beer.
93. Dip, Dip, and Swing Our paddles keen and bright, Flashing like silver. Swift as the wild goose flies, Dip, dip and swing. Dip, dip and swinging back, Flashing like silver. Follow the wild goose flight, Dip, dip and swing
O fight the good fight like a soldier, Put on the whole armor of God The belt and the breastplate and helmet, The shoes and the shield and the sword; Then pray as you fight ‘neath his banner, And stand ‘gainst the wiles of the foe, The Savior the victory will give you, And be with you wherever you go!
95. Step By Step Words and Music by Beaker (Psalm 62) Oh God You are my God And I will ever praise You Oh God You are my God And I will ever praise You I will seek you in the morning And I will learn to walk in Your ways And step by step You’ll lead me And I will follow You all of my days
Verses Helpful in Understanding God’s Plan of Salvation Romans 3:23 I John 1:9 Isaiah 59:2 Romans 6:23
Romans 10:9-10 II Timothy 2:5-6 John 3:16-17 John 3:36
John 1:12 Ephesians 2:8-10 John 5:24 I John 5:11-13
Deerfoot Lodge Songbook (with Chords)
A Christian Camp for Boys Since 1930 T E HE TH
DEERFOOT LODGE SONGBOOK WIITTHH GUUIITTAARR CHHO S DS RD OR Chords typed in by Tim Daniels. Many thank...