WORLD HERITAGE SITE MACHU PICHU -TRAVEL BACK THROUGH TIME BY
PRESENTATION TOPICS Getting to know Machu Pichu Introduction Machu Pichu's Geography and key features Histroy behind Machu pichu Architecture and design of machu Pichu when machu Pichu declared a Peruvian Historic Sanctuary Seventh Wonders of the World To know about us
3 INTRODUCTION: THE RUINS OF MACHU PICCHU WERE ONCE THE 15TH CENTURY CITADEL OF THE INCAS, WHICH HELD SWAY OVER AND AROUND THE AREA OF MODERN-DAY PERU. IT IS SITUATED IN THE EASTERN CORDILLERA MOUNTAINS OF THE ANDES IN THE SOUTHWESTERN MACHU PICCHU DISTRICT OF THE COUNTRY.
HISTROY BEHIND MACHU PICHU A LOOK INTO THE PAST
Most archeologists agree that Machu Pichu was built as an estate for the Inca emperor Pachacuti who reigned be from 1438 to 1472. The citadel is often erroneously referred to as the ‘Lost City of the Incas’, a sobriquet more fittingly applied to the Vilcabamba. Machu Pichu is the most familiar remnant of the Inca civilization. Built around 1450, it was abandoned a mere hundred years later after the Spanish conquest.
ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN OF MACHU PICHU Machu Picchu was designed and constructed in classical Inca style complete with dry-stone walls. Machu Picchu had three main structures: The first was the notable ritual stone known as Intihuatana. The stone was associated with the astronomic calendar or clock of the Incas. The other two are the ‘Temple of the Sun’ and the ‘Room of the Three Windows’.
6 WHEN MACHU PICHU DECLARED A PERUVIAN HISTORIC SANCTUARY The Machu Picchu ruins were declared a Peruvian Historic Sanctuary in 1981. Most of the outlying buildings have been reconstructed to give tourists a good perception of how they appeared originally.
7 SEVENTH WONDERS OF THE WORLD - MACHU PICHU The citadel was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site on 1983 and restoration work continues. Intresting fact: The ruins are so popular that in an online International poll, they were voted as one of New Seven Wonders of the World.
CONTACT INFO Mailing address Address : #64, 7th Cross, 22nd Main Road, Vinayaka Nagar, J.P Nagar, Bangalore – 560078